Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Beyonce Brings the Heat to CVS

It's sad to say, but the highlight of my day was popping in my local CVS.

Correction, make that my notoriously disorganized local CVS.  But to my surprise there was a new addition to the poorly stocked store -- a display for Beyonce's Heat fragrance.  

The drug store is offering the fragrance (0.5-1.7 oz.) and an exclusive two-piece gift set starting at $19.99.  Meanwhile, Heat is still priced at $49-$75 on Macys.com. So this is one time the recession is working to our advantage.  

I gave the perfume a sniff test and it's a decidedly sexy, girly scent. The floral and fruity notes of magnolia, almond macaroon, honeysuckle nectar, blush peach, and amber blend nicely.

As an added incentive, if you use your ExtraCare card you get $5 extra CVS bucks for any Heat purchase.   I'm not sure how long the deal will last, so I suggest picking up your bottle or gift set ASAP. 

And I'm not the only one who loves CVS (love the chain, loathe my neighborhood store).  For more deals, check out the cool site "I Heart CVS."

0 comments: